ABOUT AUSTIN’S ARMY
Lovers Lane United Methodist Church strives to create an inclusive environment for ALL children. Austin’s Army is a ministry in which adult volunteers are matched with children and youth with special needs to offer support in the classroom during Sunday School, Kids Worship, Vacation Bible School, Youth Worship, midweek programming, and other family events planned by the Kids Ministry.
We recognize the value and needs of each person regardless of their physical, mental, or emotional abilities. We strive to offer opportunities for children with disabilities and their families to worship God and be present in community. Doing so allows children to be whom God has created them to be. With the help of our Austin’s Army volunteers, we hope to be a church where anyone can find love, acceptance, support, and encouragement.
Sunday School (2 years through sixth grade)
9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Kids Worship (first through fourth grade)
11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Preteen Ministry (fifth through sixth grade)
5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Second Sundays of each month
Student Bible Study (seventh through 12th grade)
10:50 to 12:00 p.m.
Student Sunday Night Worship (seventh through 12th grade)
5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
How to Enroll Your Child
Contact us at email@example.com. A staff member will set up an initial meeting so you may be able to express your child’s needs. It is helpful to contact us before your first planned Sunday so we can make arrangements and be able to provide your child with the support that he/she needs.
We’re looking for people who:
- Love and accept children just as they are.
- Are motivated, excited, and enthusiastic about being with and learning from these special children.
- Desire one-on-one relationships with children who allow us to be part of their life journeys.
- Display high energy, creativity, and patience, and who believe special needs children can love God and serve their world.
- Long to share God’s own heart and learn how to bring hope and healing to families who sometimes feel “left out” at church.